This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
I know that I, like many others, started this year off with the goal of getting into better shape. Not to just reach a certain “weight” goal, but to develop healthier habits to help my body function better and put me in a better place all around.
I know I’m not alone, so I thought I would share some of the steps I have been taking to get me to where I want to be.
- Healthier food choices. This is number one for me because while it is an obvious and simple concept, it can be one of those things easier said than done. Good eating habits are about more than counting calories. It’s about what you put into your body. Many people don’t include enough fruits and veggies in their diets and do consume too many simple carbs. I’ve been working to include more fruit/veggies, healthy fats and reducing my sugar intake.
- Get moving. Even if you are not able to get to the gym, get moving. Play outside with your kids. Do housework. Find a short exercise video on YouTube or a dvd. It doesn’t have to be strenuous. Just make sure those muscles are working!
- Reduce stress. This is easier said than done. Believe me, I know. Sometimes taking just a few minutes to just chill can make a world of difference. Read a chapter of your favorite book, listen to some music or do some simple stretches. Just sit for 10 minutes if it helps you unwind just a bit.
- Drink more water. Drinking more water is a big thing for me. Or at least liquids that don’t have any sugar, creamer, etc in them. Nothing wrong with a little cream in your coffee (imo) but that’s not what you need to be chugging on all day. Ice water with a little lemon can be very refreshing. You can even dash a bit of stevia in there if you like. But say NO! to sugary drinks and even juices, most of the time. And try to drink plenty of water. There are so many benefits, beyond hydration. My personal goal is to drink half my body weight, in ounces, of water a day
- Take your vitamins! Eating healthy is wonderful and a huge step in the right direction. But sometimes, you just can’t get everything you need from diet alone. This is where daily supplements, like the ones offered by Nature Made, come in. I have a few I like to take daily to give myself an extra nutritional boost.
As part of a campaign with Nature Made, the nation’s #1 best-selling brand for quality vitamins, minerals and supplements,* I was asked to go to Walmart and choose some supplements to help me on my path to better health.
I don’t like to overdo the supplements, but there are a few I felt I really needed to get more of. Magnesium and Vitamin D are 2 vitamins that are hard to get enough of through diet and they are very important. Vitamin D promotes bone, teeth, muscle and immune health and magnesium supports muscle and heart health.
In order to help you with your wellness goals, Nature Made has set up the Daily Boost program. when you sign up (for free) Nature Made will send you little bits of motivation to help you keep on track toward your goals.
You can also enter to win one of 20 $50 Walmart gift cards. The contest ends 4/12.
*I-C will randomly select 20 winners from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes
*Based in part on data reported by Nielsen through its Scantrack Service for the Vitamins Category for 52-week period ending 1/02/2016, for the xAOC Market. Copyright © 2016 Nielsen.